02 Jun June is Bustin’ Out All Over
By Laura Martin-Eagle
When I was little this song was in one of my songbooks of piano music. To me this one was hilarious because I thought it was about boobs. It’s not. It’s about wondering if Summer will ever come…Well it is coming to Be Moved Studio! WE ARE SOFTLY OPENING JUNE 6TH. We are starting with a limited schedule and pre-registration is required. We are staying masked and ask that you mask too for now.
Please join us for:
SWEAT YOUR PRAYERS 5RHYTHMS MOVEMENT MEDITATION
YOGA FOR PEOPLE OF COLOR
BOOGIE NIGHTS YOGA DANCE
We are thrilled to share Be Moved Studio’s Community Agreements.
- Being together is a brave space.
- We come to the studio with a sense of curiosity and wonder.
- We communicate using “I” statements and take personal responsibility.
- We take a breath before responding or engaging.
- We make room in ourselves to be respectful of different perspectives.
- We practice “Ouch” and “Oops” by stating when we feel infringed upon, and apologize without question or defense when we have infringed.
- We practice “Step up, Step back” and are aware of the energetic space we take up.
- We strive for this to be anti-oppressive space and are conscious of points of
privilege/oppression that live in the room, and the power dynamics between us.
- We practice confidentiality and do not speak about shared experience.
- We balance our self care and our community care.
And in case you were wondering, the song starts like this….
March went out like a lion
A whippin’ up the water in the bay
Then April cried and stepped aside
And along come pretty little May!
May was full of promises
But she didn’t keep ’em quickly enough for some
And a crowd of doubtin’ Thomases
Was predictin’ that the summer’d never come.
But it’s comin, by gum
We can feel it come
You can feel it in your heart
You can see it in the ground
You can see it in the treesYou can smell it in the breeze
Look around! Look around! Look around!
June is bustin’ out all over